Go First Award
This award honors a group (3 or more) of faculty, staff, or a team of faculty and staff. The team will have demonstrated positive outcomes through enhancing the missions of research, teaching, or service by implementation innovations or quality improvement measures in their respective areas. This includes innovations developed at WVU as well as innovations developed elsewhere and brought to WVU.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
The innovations could include one or more of the following:
- a new technology that has had a positive effect on the research, teaching, or service missions of the HSC
- a new method or practice related to teaching or training that has improved the educational mission at the HSC
- a new policy or practice that has created new opportunities for growth or new areas of Outstanding Achievement at the HSC
- a new policy or practice that has increased the efficiency of the HSC
Ideally, the benefits of the innovation should be evident across more than one school at the HSC.
SUGGESTED MATERIALS IN SUPPORT OF NOMINATION
- Nomination letter
- A description of the innovation
- Evidence of a positive effect of the innovation on the HSC