Outstanding Achievement in Research and Scholarly Activities Award
This award honors faculty for their outstanding achievements in research, scholarship, or creative activities.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
One or more of the following should be provided to document the quality and magnitude of the research and scholarly activities:
- A significant research or theoretical paper published in a major professional journal, a major book, or its equivalent
- A major consultancy, grant, or commission
- An important patent or invention
- The extent of collaborative involvement in the contribution by colleagues and/or students
- Evidence of positive impact of contributions on a field of research, discipline, interdisciplinary scholarship, or society. Does it bring prestige to the HSC because of its quality and scholarly distinction?
- International/National/Community Value. Evidence of contributions that enhance the mission of the academic unit and the HSC (e.g., attracting new faculty, graduate students, visiting professors; enhanced educational opportunities; etc.).
SUGGESTED MATERIALS IN SUPPORT OF NOMINATION
- A current CV detailing nominee’s research contributions.
- Copies of papers or other examples of the outcomes of the research.
- Letters of support from colleagues evaluating the impact of nominee’s contribution (no more than four letters, with at least two from outside WVU).