Outstanding Achievement in Teaching Award
This award honors faculty for their outstanding achievement in advancing the teaching mission across all schools of the HSC.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
One or more of the following should be provided to document the quality and the scope of the teaching activities:
- Teaching Performance. Evidence of effective teaching performance may include comments by faculty colleagues, as well as evaluations by students. This should include demonstration of effective teaching techniques and classroom innovation.
- Teaching Scholarship and Student Service. There should be evidence of leadership, committee work, and other initiatives that support the advancement of teaching and student growth. There should also be evidence that the nominee is involved with students outside of the classroom on a regular basis, e., leading discussion groups, advising student clubs, and/or working with small groups of students on a regular basis.
- Student Performance. There should be evidence that former students have been successful in their subsequent academic and professional careers, have utilized the concepts or techniques presented by the nominee, and/or are involved with their profession through teaching scholarship or student
SUGGESTED MATERIALS IN SUPPORT OF NOMINATION
- A current CV detailing the nominee’s teaching contributions
- Letters of Support from colleagues (no more than three letters)
- Letters of Support from students (no more than three letters)
- A brief summary of student course evaluations