Mindfulness is the ability to focus and stabilize one's attention in the here and now. With mindfulness, we train our mind to check in more often. The results of which changes our relationship to stress, lessens reactivity, enhances sleep and increases resiliency. Mindfulness affects the brain in positive ways and improves overall quality of life.
Learn helpful practices to apply mindfulness in your daily living:
- Techniques to embody mindful awareness
- Practical tools for connecting body and mind
- The science of stress and mindfulness research
- Breath awareness and relaxation for stress relief
- Mindful eating, walking, yoga and communication skills
The 6-week course will begin Monday, January 22nd from 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm in room 7608 of Health Sciences South, and run every Monday through February 26th. To register please email Anthony.Danko@hsc.wvu.edu or call the Wellness Office at 304-293-2520.