The latest episode of "Doctors On Call" explores health topics related to the head, such as epilepsy, dementia, headaches, sinus allergies, and more.
- This football season, tailgate guilt-free with snack ideas from a special on-location “DOC in the Kitchen.”
- Back-to-school time has many parents thinking about immunizations, but don’t forget that adults need their boosters, too! Learn more on “It’s No Big Deal.”
- Eye safety in the workplace may seem obvious on a construction site, but what about at a computer screen? The “DOC Demo” shows you how to protect your vision at work.
- Finally, the “DOC List” will offer tips to delay the onset of dementia. We interview Kristina Lopez, M.D., a WVU Medicine neurologist, who explains causes and treatments for headaches, and Robert Santrock, M.D., a WVU Medicine orthopaedic surgeon, explains a new procedure to treat bunions.
- “DOC Talk,” the call-in portion of the show, hear answers to questions about epilepsy from two WVU Medicine experts – neurosurgeon Nicholas Brandmeir, M.D., and neurologist Tracy Weimer, M.D.
For more Doctors on Call episodes and segments, go to WVUMedicine.org/DOC.