UpToDate, an evidence-based, physician-authored clinical decision support resource, will be available through EPIC, starting Wednesday, Dec. 20.
It includes more than 10,500 topics covering more than 20 specialties; a drug database (in partnership with Lexicomp®); more than 1,500 patient education topics; more than 30,000 graphics; and links to more than 400,000 references. Users can earn free CME/CE/CEU credits for conducting searches in UpToDate.
Providers, including nurse practitioners and other advanced practice providers, will have access, starting Dec. 20. RNs and other users will gain access at a later date.
Those who register for UpToDate Anywhere will gain access to additional benefits, such as:
- a free mobile app for your iOS® or Android™ smart device
- easy access to UpToDate remotely from any computer anywhere with internet access
- new, free continuing education credits (CME/CE/CPD) when you research a clinical question
- new, bi-weekly clinical update with selected What’s New and Practice Changing UpDates
- new, contextual searches within Allergies, Medications, Problem List, Order and Results
Registration is free, easy, and a one-time process. The registration process:
- Login to EPIC
- Click the UpToDate icon in the top toolbar
The first time you click on the UpToDate link, you will be brought to a registration page. If you have never created an UpToDate Anywhere account, you will need to complete the fields. If you already have an UpToDate username and password, click “Log In” and enter your credentials. This will link your account to EPIC.
Your account is linked to your affiliation with the WVU Medicine system. To keep your account active, access UpToDate through EPIC at least once every 90 days.
UpToDate Customer Service can be contacted as follows: