Please welcome new School of Medicine faculty members for the month of November.
- Rebekah Guillow, MD joins the Department of Anesthesiology. She most recently practiced at Anesthesia Associates in Charleston, WV.
- Thomas Eckert, MD joins the Department of Anesthesiology. Dr. Eckert completed a fellowship in adult and pediatric cardiothoracic anesthesiology at Children’s Hospital of Pennsylvania.
BEHAVIORAL MEDICINE AND PSYCHIATRY
- Jenna Wallace, PsyD joins the Department of Behavioral Medicine and Psychology. She was most recently a psychologist at Valley Health Systems in Huntington.
- Terry Wood, MD is now a neuro ophthalmologist in the Department of Ophthalmology. Dr. Wood completed neuro ophthalmology fellowship at Oregon Health and Science University/Casey Eye Institute. He is a former assistant professor at Loma Linda University. He also practiced at the University of Vermont and in Washington State.
- Derik Geist, MD joins the Department of Orthopaedics’ Sports Medicine division. Dr. Geist was assistant professor at the University of Texas in Houston. He completed sports and shoulder reconstruction fellowship at Steadman Hawkins Clinic of the Carolinas.
- Alex Verhoeven, MD joins the Department of Pediatrics. Dr. Verhoeven completed pediatric cardiology fellowship at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital.
- Amy Diamond, MD joins the Department of Surgery as Director of the Wound Center. Dr. Diamond was the former medical director at Washington Health System Greene Wound & Skin Healing Center and also practiced at Washington Health System Family Medicine.