Several systems, including Epic, will be down for a few hours between Monday, June 5, and Saturday, June 10, at current Epic sites, including J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital, while a change is made to the way the organization identifies patients. Epic SRO will be available during the downtimes.
WVU Medicine is moving from the MRN (medical record number) to a single patient identifier called an E-Number in an effort to simplify billing statements for patients.
Since May 10, the E-number has been used alongside the MRN on labels and armbands in FormFast. On June 10, the MRN will be dropped entirely from all labels.
To avoid disrupting patients, overhead pages will not be used on the morning of June 10 to announce when systems are back up. Please check the Butterfly Initiative homepage during that time to see when systems are live.
The downtimes schedule for Ruby, as well as for Berkeley Medical Center (BMC) and Jefferson Medical Center (JMC), is listed below.
Monday, June 5
- AXIS/PATS – two hours, TBA (Ruby)
Friday, June 9
- Infinitt – 7-8 p.m. (Ruby)
Saturday, June 10
- Allscripts – 2-3:30 a.m. (Ruby, BMC, JMH)
- EndoPro – 2-4 a.m. (Ruby, BMC, JMC)
- Epic – 2-4 a.m. (all current Epic sites)
- GE/Rad PACS – 2-5 a.m. (Ruby)
- GE Muse – 2-11 a.m. (Ruby, BMC, JMC)
- McKesson HPF/OneContent – 2-4 a.m. (Ruby, BMC, JMC)
- Medgraphics – 2-2:30 a.m. (Ruby)
- Philips Stentor PACS – 2 a.m.-10 p.m. (BMC, JMC)
- Philips Xcelera/ISCV – 2 a.m.-2 p.m. (BMC)
- Sunquest Blood Bank – 2-3:30 a.m. (Ruby, BMC, JMC)
- Theradoc – 2-4 a.m. (Ruby, BMC, JMC)
- Varian/Aria – TBA (Ruby)
- Vision VST-Diet – 2-3 a.m. (Ruby)
Please follow the normal downtime and recovery process for these systems.
For additional details, including images of how the E-number will be displayed on labels, visit the Butterfly Blog.