B.M. Spurr School of Practical Nursing class of 2018 students awarded
GLEN DALE, W.Va. – On May 25, WVU Medicine Reynolds Memorial Hospital held its annual scholarship award program for the B.M Spurr School of Practical Nursing. During the Scholarship Tea, the class of 2018 was awarded scholarships based on academic achievements. Sponsors and
award winners are listed below:
- The B. M. Spurr Advisory Council scholarship was awarded to Kayla Estep.
- The Dorothy B. McCulley scholarship was awarded to Courtney Long.
- The Hermine L. Skvarka scholarship was awarded to Kayla Estep.
- The Kenneth and Jean McFadden scholarship was awarded to K’Lah Lyons.
- The National Nurses Week Committee scholarship in memory of Kathy Martin was awarded to Susan Mathes.
- The Ladies League scholarship in memory of Kathy Martin was awarded to K’Lah Lyons.
- The Lena E. Samol scholarship was awarded to Victoria Thomas.
- The Madolyn L. Allum Scholarship sponsored by the Reynolds Auxiliary was awarded to Joshua Yates.
- The Moundsville Woman’s Club scholarship was awarded to Christa Frazier and Victoria Thomas.
- The Peggy Ferguson scholarship in memory of Lottie Parker was awarded to Megan Ondrik.
- The Reynolds 2 North nursing staff and friends sponsored a scholarship in memory of Valerie Noel that was awarded to Joshua Yates.
- The Reynolds Medical/Dental scholarship was awarded to Sheri Jackson and Courtney Long.
- The Trinity Episcopal Church scholarship was awarded to Christa Frazier.
Members of the 99th Practical Nursing Class will graduate in August. The B.M. Spurr School of Practical Nursing provides students with classroom training and hands-on clinical experience to prepare them to pursue a nursing career. Graduates from this program are eligible to take the State Licensed Practical Nurse Exam.
The B.M. Spurr School of Practical Nursing received full state accreditation by the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Licensed Practical Nurses and is accredited through the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.