Minimum requirements for connecting to Office 365 using Outlook Client or web-based access.
There are minimum requirements for connecting to Office 365 either with Outlook client or web-based access. All users will need to be in compliance with the minimum requirements to take full advantage of Office365. Additional system requirements for other Windows and Mac software can be found on the Office 365 Software Requirements Page. If you have any questions or need assistance ensuring that your users are in compliance with the minimum requirements, please contact the HSC Help Desk at 293-3631.
Minimum Outlook client requirements:
- We recommend using the Outlook 2013 or Outlook 2010 client (Service Pack 1 or higher), although some users may have reason to continue using Office 2007 products for compatibility with colleagues or existing software. If users choose to continue using the Outlook 2007 client, in this case Outlook 2007 client must be at Service Pack 3 or higher.
- Outlook 2011 is the current supported version for Mac.
Minimum Browser requirements:
- Internet Explorer should be at version 9 or 10 for optimal performance and functionality.
- It should be noted that Windows XP cannot upgrade IE beyond version 8. Versions older than IE9 can still work but may not receive the full support that the latest versions do. We will do what we can to help in emergency cases, but please understand that Microsoft will discontinue support for IE 8 for Office 365 beginning April 8, 2014.
- If you are using alternate browsers such as Chrome, Firefox or Safari, please note that these are functional but you should upgrade to the latest versions. For more information on browser compatibility see http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-suite-help/browser-compatibility-requirements-for-office-365-HA103132722.aspx
Office 365 Resources
Skype for Business
Skype for Business combines the valuable security features of Lync with the flexibility of Skype. Skype for Business connects people everywhere, on devices running Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac, and other operating systems, as part of their everyday productivity experience. Skype for Business provides a consistent, single client experience for presence, instant messaging, voice, video and a great meeting experience. Skype for Business enables instant messaging (IM) and voice calling with your colleagues and contacts around the world.
Free Microsoft Office
Faculty and staff may now down free Microsoft Office and Office Mobile applications through the University's Office 365 licensing. This will allow WVU Employees to install Microsoft Office on a total of five personal devices. It also will give users access to the new Outlook for Mac.
Outlook Web Access - Email
Discover the new Outlook Web Access Email client and what you can do when outside the office.
Outlook Web Access - Calendar
Discover the new Outlook Web Access Calendar and how you can manage your schedule remotely.
Outlook Web Access - People
Discover the new Outlook Web Access People and how you can manage your contacts online.
Import Local Archives to the Cloud
Discover how to migrate your local Outlook archives to the cloud and have your archives always available. Once your account has been migrated to the cloud, all your email including local archives migrated to the cloud, will stay in the cloud permanently for anytime, anywhere access.
OneDrive for Business
OneDrive for Business is a personal library intended for storing and organizing your work documents. As an integral part of Office 365, OneDrive allows you to store and share files with your peers both inside and outside the Health Sciences Center. No HIPAA, FERPA or other institutionally owned confidential/sensitive data should be uploaded to your OneDrive for Business account. Appropriate use of OneDrive includes storing/accessing de-identified lecture materials, the sharing/collaboration of approved, de-identified research materials, etc.