MD Admissions Information
Additional information can be found at MD Admissions.
- Successful application to the School of Medicine through the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS).
- Identify as MD/PhD applicant.
- Complete specific essays required for MD/PhD applicants.
- AMCAS application deadline is October 1. MD/PhD secondary application deadline is November 1.
- Applications are prescreened by School of Medicine Admissions Committee Members (MD & MD/PhD). Applicants meeting screening requirements will receive a secondary application from the Office of Student Affairs for the School of Medicine.
- Invitations for interviews will be sent to the qualified applicants.
- Applicants are screened on the basis of exceptional qualifications to medical school, on the quality of the letters of references, and on your personal statement that should include past or continuous research experiences, the reasons for applying to WVU, and a clear career vision as a physician scientist. Evidence of passion for research and patient care are qualities expected of successful interviewees.
- We recommend that you apply early as our virtual interviews will be conducted in October and November.
- The virtual interview days will include interviews with members of the MD and MD/PhD Admissions Committees, an opportunity to give a brief research presentation, meetings with prospective student-selected faculty, social opportunities with current students, and a virtual tour of facilities at the Health Sciences Center.