Afternoon of Science
- Wednesday, September 23, 2020 / 2 - 3 PM
- Wednesday, October 21, 2020 / 2 - 3 PM
- Wednesday, November 18, 2020 / 2 - 3 PM
- Wednesday, December 16, 2020 / 2 - 3 PM
Meeting of Behavioral and Biomedical Sciences (MOBB)
- Monday, September 21, 2020/12-1:15 PM
- Monday, October 26, 2020/12-1:15 PM
- Monday, November 17, 2020/12-1:15 PM
Graduation Information Session – Guide to Defending and Graduating This Year
- Tuesday, September 29, 2020 / 3 PM
"Are you planning to graduate in the near future and need to defend your thesis or dissertation? If so, join the Office of Research and Graduate Education for a Graduation Information Session to learn about: graduation timelines, required forms for defending, tips for a virtual defense, submitting to the library (ETD), and so much more! We'll address any question you may have and help pave the way for a timely degree conferral."
Women at Work Podcast
- Tuesday, September 29, 2020 / 5 - 6 PM
- Tuesday, October 27, 2020 / 5 - 6 PM
- Tuesday, December 8, 2020 / 5 - 6 PM
Promoting Inclusive, Safe, and Supportive Research Environments (Special Presentation as part of WVU Diversity Week)
- Thursday, October 15, 2020 / 3 PM
Alison Gammie, PhD, Director, Division of Training, Workforce Development, and Diversity
National Institute of General Medical Sciences
Hosted by the HSC Office of Research and Graduate Education
Time Management Workshop
- Monday, October 19, 2020 / 3:30 - 5:30 PM
Zoom details will be sent to those who RSVP.
Graduate Student/Postdoc Book Club with Drs. Marsh and Gibson
- Tuesday, October 20, 2020 / 5 - 6 PM
SciPhD Webinar Series: The Business of Science- How To Land Your First Job
- November 2, 2020 / 3:30 - 5 PM
- November 4, 2020 / 3:30 - 5 PM
- November 6, 2020 / 3:30 - 5 PM
Part 1: Job Types, Finding Jobs, Critical Skills, Building Your Brand
Part 2: Analyzing a Job Ad, Determining If I'm Qualified, Building a Targeted Resume
Part 3: Building and Leveraging My Network, Applying For Jobs, Preparing For Interviews, Landing The Job
Registration for this session is limited.
Career Services in Health Sciences
Need a career development specialist on-the-go? Meet Rob Barricelli from WVU Career Services who is in the HSC South on Mondays during the fall semester. From resume and cover letter reviews to practice interviewing, he’s got you covered! To schedule an appointment, call 304-293-2221.
Johnson & Johnson- Postdoctoral Scientist- Posted November 18, 2020
University of South Carolina- Postdoctoral Fellow in Molecular Neurobiology- Posted November 18, 2020
- EHS Laboratory Safety Specialist- Posted November 6, 2020
AnaBios- Scientist/Electrophysiologists- Posted November 4, 2020
St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital- Postdoc Positions in Pharmaceutical Sciences- Posted November 4, 2020
- Postdoctoral Position in the Major Laboratory- October 23, 2020
MUSC- Postdoctoral Fellow- Posted October 21, 2020
- University of Pittsburgh- PhD Student/Postdoc/Research Scientist- Posted October 14, 2020
Duke University- Postdoctoral Associate at the Center for Cognitive Neuroscience- Posted October 7, 2020
Rutgers University- Postdoc in Cancer Biology & Therapy- Posted September 23, 2020
- Duke University - Postdoctoral Researcher - Posted March 11, 2020
- September 9, 2020 Experiential Learning: What You Need to Know - Join us for a session as we discuss the Experiential Learning course requirement for Biomedical Sciences students. We will be explaining the various options available, what students have completed in the past, and answering your questions.
- November 1, 2019: Career Symposium for Graduate Students - OGEL and the Career Services Center will be co-sponsoring an all-day career symposium for all graduate and professional students.
- October 24, 2019: Theater Delta presents "Proaction: An exploration of mentee-mentor relationships"
- May 3, 2019: Career Development Workshop- Propel Careers - STEM Majors - Developing Your Career Search Strategy
- Tuesday, April 16, 2019: Career Development Workshop - Job Offers and Benefits Know What You Are Worth
- Monday, March 18, 2019: WVU HSC Graduate Students Resume/CV Review
- Thursday, February 28, 2019: Career Development Workshop - Interviewing Skills Perform Under Pressure