The Genomics Core Facility, located in the Life Sciences Building on the downtown campus, offers full-service gene expression profiling and DNA sequencing by both Sanger sequencing and Next GenerationSequencing (Illumina MiSeq). Larger scale sequencing is performed in coordination with the Genomics Core Facility at Marshall University on an Illumina NextSeq2000. The core performs genome-scalesequencing, including deep sequencing and de novo assembly of complex eukaryotic genomes, metagenomic sequencing of microbial communities, and genome-wide polymorphism detection andgenotyping, including Human Cell Line Authentication. The Director is available for advice on appropriate experimental design.
- Illumina MiSeq
- Sage Sciences BluePippin for DNA Size Selection
- ABI 3500xl Genetic Analyzer
- Biorad CFX-Connect Real-Time PCR System
- ND-1000 Spectrophotometer
- Agilent 2100 BioAnalyzer
- Covaris M220 Focused-Ultrasonicator
- Covaris E220 Focused-Ultrasonicator
- Beckman Coulter Biomek NXP
- Tecan Microplate Reader
- Qubit Quantification
- Molecular Devices Plate Reader
Ryan Percifield, MSc | email@example.com | (304) 293-4542
Please remember to acknowledge support for the Genomics Core in all your publications:
Genomics experiments were performed in the West Virginia University Genomics Core Facility which has been supported by NIH grant U54GM104942 and NSF MRI award 2117043.