HSC Post-Award staff assist PIs with the overall financial and programmatic management of projects, timelines, deliverables and other initiatives as stated within the sponsoring agency’s award agreement.
HSC Post-Award staff are not part of OSP’s Post-Award Unit or Sponsored Project Administration (SPA) but works in close collaboration with both institutional offices. HSC Post-Award services are provided at a higher management level and not transactional in nature. Transactional post-award assistance (i.e. assistance making a purchase or moving an expenditure) is provided by the University’s Shared Services Center.
The following services are provided to faculty receiving HSC OR&GE Post-Award support:
- Provide overall strategic management of sponsored awards and portfolios for PI’s by providing guidance in the areas of grants management, reporting and compliance.
- Provide monthly, detail financial reports addressing burn rates, spendable project balances, overall project budget and variances.
- Ensure all financial pieces are accurate and reflect agency approved budget.
- Identifies problems or inconsistencies with your budget, salary support/effort and advices to ensure your budget is not overspent, underspent or improperly managed.
- Reviews financial and other activities to ensure compliance is maintained regarding allowability, allocability and reasonableness of expenditures posting to sponsored projects, contracts/agreements.
- Ensure personnel (efforts) are set up accurately and responsibilities for each project team member are documented.
- Provide assistance with the completion of a diverse range of progress reports, award close out and/or related projects.
- Routinely discuss progress made and any other concerns the PI may have on the overall project.
- Help facilitate actions to correct errors or challenges faced during the project performance period.
- Provide oversight and guidance on sponsor, federal, state and institutional policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with OSP on the establishment of an award when needed.
- Assists with the completion of any status change requests, no cost extension requests, budgetary revisions, etc. in collaboration with OSP and SPA.