Meeting with target audience members and stakeholders helps you define your audience needs and organizational goals; successful content satisfies both criteria.
Discover Your Goals #
- Student, resident, and faculty recruitment is the most important goal across the University, making this the first priority of every website.
- Interview your audience members.
- Focus on your audience.
- Review the WVU Brand Voice.
Research Your Audience #
- Who should your website talk to?
- Who's visiting the website?
- Are they internal, external, or both?
- Why are they visiting the website?
- What do your users email you about?
- What information is critical to serving their needs?
- Identify 3-5 core areas the website should focus on.
Identify Peer Organizations or Competitors #
- What are they doing that you're not?
- What things are they doing well?
Meet With Stakeholders #
If leadership agrees with the direction of the website then there is buy in and a clear path forward for what the website should accomplish. Meet with stakeholders to have them sign off on the proposed changes.