- TEDalk style
- Invite external and internal experts to speak on various topics
- Psychological safety
- High-functioning teams
- Highlight a book each semester
- Offer small group discussions with a facilitator (grad student experiment)
- Conduct online group discussion
- Social media posts – key quotes from the reading that resonated
- Opportunity for people to give input on next book
- Schedule two pop-up events a quarter that bring people together across Health Sciences
- Encourage leaders to informally spend time with their faculty, staff and students - lunch, student rec room, sitting outside, etc.
- “Getting to know us” where the agenda is connection and informal - by the department
- “Happiness Lab” podcasts (Laurie Santos - Yale) - informal hosting of lunch and podcast - just chat
- “Women at Work” podcast (Amy Bernstein - Harvard Business Review) - an informal space for women to connect and share experiences
Create living room style spaces throughout the Health Sciences Center that encourage conversations and relationship building.