A service of WVU Healthcare, Bonnie’s Bus will be at the:
• Cabell County Public Library in Salt Rock from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Nov. 10. For an appointment, call 304-523-6483.
• Cabin Creek Administration Building in Miami from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Nov. 16. For an appointment, call 304-595-5006.
• Riverside Health Center in Belle from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Nov. 17. For an appointment, call 304-949-3591.
• West Side Elementary School in Charleston from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Nov. 19. For an appointment, call 877-287-2272.
• Raleigh-Boone Medical Center in Whitesville from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Dec.1. For an appointment, call 304-854-1321.
• Southern W.Va. Health Systems – Man Clinic from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Dec. 6. For an appointment, call 304-583-8585.
• Southern W.Va. Health Systems – Gilbert Clinic from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Dec. 7. For an appointment, call 304-664-6270.
The mammograms are billed to insurance, Medicaid or Medicare if available. Mammograms for women who do not have insurance will be covered by the West Virginia Breast and Cervical Cancer Screening Program or through special grant funds. A physician’s order is needed for a mammogram.
Bonnie’s Bus has already screened more than 1,200 women throughout West Virginia this year, exceeding its goal for 2011. Many of those screened are uninsured or underinsured and qualified for screening through the Breast and Cervical Cancer Screening Program.
Bonnie’s Bus works in collaboration with a statewide partnership of women’s groups, clinicians, public health professionals and other community leaders working to help reduce the number of deaths from breast cancer in West Virginia.
Made possible by a generous gift from West Virginia natives Jo and Ben Statler to WVU’s Mary Babb Randolph Cancer Center, Bonnie’s Bus is operated by WVU Hospitals. The bus is named after Mrs. Statler’s late mother, Bonnie Wells Wilson.
For information on Bonnie’s Bus, see www.wvucancer.org/bonnie.
Attention reporters and editors: If you are interested in covering Bonnie’s Bus when it visits your area, please call the HSC News Service in Morgantown at 304-293-7087 in advance. Out of respect for patient privacy, please do not show up at the location without scheduling an appropriate time for interviews and/or photos.
For more information: Amy Johns, HSC News Service, 304-293-7087