The award will be distributed between the 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 academic years. The scholarship recipient will also receive an additional $2,500 in support to attend a Jonas Center for Nursing Excellence/American Association of Colleges of Nursing leadership development conference in Washington, D.C. in the fall of 2013.
Criteria for this scholarship include:
• Commitment to a career as faculty or leader in primary care and clinical faculty (DNP);
• Meeting criteria for DNP programming, and committing to a mix of online and on-campus meetings as needed for professional development;
• Attending the Jonas Nurse Leaders Scholars Program orientation webinar in August/September 2012;
• Attending the Jonas Center to Nursing Excellence/AACN leadership development conference in Washington, D.C., in October 2013;
• Completing and presenting a leadership project, which may include an online presentation, poster presentation at the leadership conference, journal article or similar scholarly effort;
• Working with a designated mentor with the purpose of ensuring progress through the program of study and receiving guidance in leadership development;
• Maintaining communication with the Jonas Center for Nursing Excellence and AACN for purposes of monitoring student progress and assuring success in the program
Interested parties should submit a letter of interest articulating their career goals and objectives for their DNP program. This letter and academic transcripts will be reviewed by a committee, which will meet with the top three applicants.
The application deadline is April 27, 2012. Applicants will be notified by May 11, 2012. For more information, contact Debra Hardesty at 304-293-1598.
For more information: Leigh Limerick, Communications Specialist, 304-293-7087