Women in Science and Health
AAMC Early Career Women Faculty Leadership Development Seminar 2019
applications being accepted until October 1, 2018
The Women In Science & Health Committee was established with the following charge:
- To enhance the advancement of women through professional development programs.
- Establishing an effective network of women faculty.
- Assesing the current status of women faculty in terms of academic rank, years of service and salary plus incentives.
- Developing and implementing a faculty mentoring program for women.
As a result of the work of this group both women and male faculty are currently involved in the mentoring program. In addition, a number of women faculty have been able to attend the prestigious Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine (ELAM) with others from all across the county.
- WISH Excellence Awards - Mid-Career Award and Advanced Career
- Women's Resources
- Center for Excellence in Women's Health
- AAMC Women Liaison for WVU
- NIH Supports Women in Biomedical Career
- WISH Membership List
The Women In Science & Health (WISH) Committee hosted a successful blood drive through Central Blood Bank on August 25th. The drive collected 46 units surpassing our original goal of 30 units. The committee would like to thank the students from multiple health sciences disciplines who volunteered to sign up donors and with various tasks during the day of the blood drive.
Patricia K. Hussing
- Administrative Associate, Faculty Development