URGENT NICU TELEMEDICINE PROCEDURES
NEONATAL TELEMEDICINE CONSULT INTEGRATED INTO THE REQUEST FOR THE TRANSPORT OF A CRITICALLY SICK INFANT AT WVU CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL.
Call for transport
- Referring physician calls MEDCOM for the transport request using 1-855-WVU-Kids
- MEDCOM connects the call to Medical control physician and Transport team.
- Transport is activated and transport team is on its way to the referring facility
- Need for the Teleconsultation in stabilizing infant while transport team is on its way is determined by the referring physician.
- Have the parents sign the Consent form
- Cameras at both ends are adjusted to have better view of the infant
- Image grid if available is opened and logged in at both ends to view X- rays.
- Teleconsultation will be initiated
Documents needed for Teleconsultation
Fax following document to WVU NICU: 304-598-4774
- Infant’s birth hospital face sheet with insurance information.
- Consent for Telemedicine Consult.
Log and Documentation of the consultation
- Complete the Telemedicine Consultation Log Form
- Return to the Office of MDTV via fax or email