Mission of the HSC Finance and Business Team
To provide efficient and effective financial and business administration for the WVU Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center including: 5 Schools, 2 Regional Campuses, Centers and Units. We wish to create a business climate that supports the faculty, staff, students and other stakeholders in accomplishing the goals of the HSC 2020 Strategic Plan. Our major objectives are to:
- Determine the financial planning and budget framework,
- Promote and assure sound financial management and accounting,
- Protect and grow the assets of the institution,
- Provide general payroll, purchasing, and other transactional guidance,
- Operate a nimble, transparent, and accountable business infrastructure, and
- Identify opportunities to improve financial and operational performance.