The West Virginia University Office of Interprofessional Education, in collaboration with WVU Libraries, honors students and faculty and staff with Awards for Excellence in Interprofessional Education.
One student award and one faculty/staff award will be given annually. The winning student submission will receive $500 (if a team wins, the amount will be split accordingly), and the winning faculty/staff submission will receive $500 (if a team wins, the amount will be split accordingly). An exhibit showcasing the winning student and faculty/staff award will be displayed in the WVU Health Sciences Center Library.
To honor students, faculty and staff who have shown a commitment to interprofessional education through their service, teaching and scholarly work and to highlight their achievements as part of IPE Week at WVU Health Sciences and through an exhibit at the WVU HSC Library.
All students, faculty and staff at WVU who participate in IPE activities at WVU Health Sciences and/or complete health-related IPE services/courses are eligible for the award. Self nominations will be accepted. Nominations can be for an individual student, a team of students, an individual faculty/staff member or a faculty/staff team.
- Demonstrate a commitment to IPE through participation in or development of IPE didactic, simulation and/or clinical practice activities.
- Demonstrate excellence in IPE through community outreach or scholarly activities highlighting IPE efforts.
- Serve as a student leader in IPE efforts and promotion of IPE throughout WVU Health Sciences.
- Demonstrate a commitment to IPE through the development and/or implementation of IPE didactic, simulation and/or clinical practice activities.
- Promote interprofessional education to students, faculty and staff through leadership and mentorship.
- Demonstrate excellence in IPE through teaching, service or scholarly activities highlighting IPE efforts.
The selection committee is a sub-committee of the IPE Steering Committee and includes faculty, staff and study members as well as a representative from WVU Libraries.
- Nominee information (name, title, discipline and position)
- Nominator information (name, title, discipline and relationship to nominee)
- Cover Letter (not to exceed two pages in length)
- Letters of support (Maximum of two)
- Description of work in IPE and supporting documentation (newspaper clippings, poster presentations) (not to exceed four pages in length)
The faculty/staff and student winners will be required to give a 10-15 minute presentation during the IPE Week Awards Luncheon and to work with WVU Libraries to develop an exhibit showcasing their work.
Call for nominations will be released in December 2023 for 2024 awards.
Please contact Katie Hoffman, project manager for the Office of Interprofessional Education.