West Virginia University Office of Interprofessional Education, in Collaboration with WVU Libraries, Awards for Excellence in Interprofessional Education
Student Award for Excellence in Interprofessional Education
Faculty/ Staff Award for Excellence in Interprofessional Education
One student award and one faculty/ staff award will be given annually. The winning student submission will receive $500 (if a team wins, the amount will be split accordingly), and the winning faculty/ staff submission will receive $500 (if a team wins, the amount will be split accordingly). An exhibit showcasing the winning student and faculty award will also displayed in the WVU Health Sciences Center Library.
To honor students, faculty, and staff who have shown a commitment to interprofessional education through their service, teaching, and scholarly work and to highlight their achievements as part of IPE Week at the WVU Health Sciences Center and through an exhibit at the WVU HSC Library.
All students, faculty and staff at WVU who participate in IPE activities at the Health Sciences Center and/ or complete health-related IPE services/ courses are eligible for the award. Self- nominations will be accepted. Nominations can be for an individual student, a team of students, an individual faculty/ staff member, or a faculty/ staff team.
- Demonstrate a commitment to IPE through participation in or development of IPE didactic, simulation, and/ or clinical practice activities.
- Demonstrate excellence in IPE through community outreach or scholarly activities highlighting IPE efforts.
- Serve as a student leader in IPE efforts and promotion of IPE throughout the HSC.
Faculty/ Staff Award
- Demonstrate a commitment to IPE through the development and/ or implementation of IPE didactic, simulation, and/ or clinical practice activities.
- Promote interprofessional education to students, faculty, and staff through leadership and mentorship.
- Demonstrate excellence in IPE through teaching, service, or scholarly activities highlighting IPE efforts.
The selection committee is a sub-committee of the IPE Steering Committee and includes faculty, staff, and study members as well as a representative from the WVU Libraries.
- Nominee information (Name, title, discipline, and position)
- Nominator information (Name, title, discipline, and relationship to nominee)
- Cover Letter (not to exceed 2 pages in length)
- Letters of support (Maximum of 2)
- Description of work in IPE and supporting documentation (newspaper clippings, poster presentations) (not to exceed 4 pages in length)
The faculty and student winners will be required to give a 10-15 minute presentation during the IPE Week Awards Luncheon on TBA 2021 and to work with the WVU Libraries to develop an exhibit showcasing their work.
Submissions will be accepted until January 2021 at midnight.
Please contact Amy Summers, Program Specialist, Office of Interprofessional Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-293-7596.