The purpose of the Undergraduate Curriculum Subcommittee, the MSN/DNP Curriculum Subcommittee, and the PhD Curriculum Subcommittee is to maintain the integrity of the curricula of the respective nursing programs.
Responsibilities of Program Curriculum Committees
- Adhere to the WVUSON evaluation plan for all matters related to undergraduate and graduate curriculum.
- Evaluate undergraduate, MSN/DNP and PhD curriculum for relevance to the needs of society; the mission and goals of the School, Health Science Center, and the University; and adherence to professional and accreditation standards.
- Review course descriptions, course objectives, and expected learning outcomes of all proposed, revised, required, and elective undergraduate, MSN/DNP and PhD courses for adherence to professional standards, accreditation standards, comprehensiveness, efficiency, and sequence.
- Evaluate teaching learning-practices to assure achievement of expected learning outcomes.
- Ensure that policy and procedures for evaluation of student performance are clearly defined and consistently applied.
- Report routine matters related to curriculum to the Undergraduate and Graduate Program Committees.
- Recommend major curriculum changes or additions to the Undergraduate and Graduate Program Committees.
Proposals for new programs, course offerings, or major course revisions must be submitted to the chair of the Curriculum Subcommittee. The chair will send the proposal to the committee members for review and consideration two weeks prior to the scheduled meeting. A quorum vote by the Curriculum Subcommittee is required for approval.
Once approved, proposals will be sent by the curriculum chair to the chair of the Undergraduate Program Committee, or the chair of the Graduate Program Committee, as appropriate. The Program Committee chair will send the proposal to the committee members for review and consideration two weeks prior to the scheduled meeting. A quorum vote by the respective Program Committee is required for approval.
Once approved the Program Director, Associate Dean, or designee will enter the approved changes into CIM to be directed to WVU Faculty Senate for final approval.
The Undergraduate Curriculum Subcommittee meets monthly during the academic year.
The MSN/DNP Curriculum Subcommittee meets a minimum of three times each semester.
The PhD Curriculum Subcommittee meets a minimum of three times each semester.