All event content must be entered through the WVU Calendar and displayed using the WVU Events macro. Do not manually add event content or list events in any other way in the editor.
Working with WVU Calendar #
To begin working in the WVU Calendar, please contact the email CMS Desk to request training. You may wish to refer to the video and documentation on the SOLE Support website and the online instructions on the University Relations website for WVU Calendar for more information.
Adding a WVU Events Widget #
On sites built using HSC Themes, you can use the WVU Events macro to pull in details from the WVU Calendar.
- Place the cursor on a new line in the editor.
- Click the Insert Macro button.
- Expand the “Choose a macro” drop-down and select "WVU Events".
- You will be presented with a set of options you will need to complete in order to display events:
- Calendar Categories: This is the set of categories used on the WVU Calendar that are specific to your needs. Specifying this will make sure that only relevant events are shown on your website. If you are unsure of what categories should be used for your website, please contact the email CMS Desk for assistance.
- Count: This is the number of events (if available) that will show up on the page. The recommended count is three events, and the maximum count is five events.
- Title: This will be the title heading that will be displayed before your events are listed.
- WVU Calendar: This can be used to specify a link to a full calendar page on your website.
- Click Submit.