This award honors a faculty member who has provided outstanding mentorship to students or to faculty colleagues at WVU Health Sciences.
Criteria for Selection
- Contributes to a positive culture within their unit
Nominees should meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Evidence of high quality mentorship to students and/or peer faculty
- Evidence of positive impact on former mentee
- Significant contribution to mentoring initiatives within WVU Health Sciences
- An established source of advice and support for students and/or faculty peers
Required Materials in Support of Nomination
- Nomination letter (two-page limit)
- Abridged CV, with relevant mentorship details (five-page limit)
- At least one letter of support from mentees (maximum of three)
- Personal statement of ongoing mentorship and mentorship philosophy (two-page limit)
- List of mentees documenting their progress over time
- At least one example of how the nominee meets the criterion "contributes to a positive culture within their unit"